Date: Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th June 2017
Start time: 10am Finish time: 4.30pm
Venue: Bridwell Park, Uffculme, Cullompton EX15 3BU
Floristry Tutors: Tina Parkes, Julie Collins, Amanda Randell and Kathryn Delve
Limited spaces available
The Academy of Floral Art are delighted to invite you along to ‘The Big Event’ at Bridwell Park’, our exciting new course designed to dispel the fear factor around decorating a larger venue. If you are an intermediate or experienced florist or advanced flower arranger and you want to develop your skills and expand your client base, then this course is a must.
Over two inspirational and intensive days at Bridwell Park in Devon – a magnificent Grade 1 listed Georgian country house and the home of Lord Mountbatten – you will learn the techniques to plan and construct large-scale designs making most effective use of the space. You will learn the essential tools of pitching for business, costing for profit, writing effective contracts and planning for a large-scale event.
You will be taught and supported throughout ‘The Big Event’ by all four of the Academy’s highly experienced and qualified tutors – Tina Parkes, Julie Collins, Amanda Randall and Kathryn Delve. And to enhance your event floristry portfolio, images of your work (and of you!) will be captured by our professional photographer.
By the end of the two days, you will leave equipped with the knowledge, confidence and hands-on experience to deliver magnificent, memorable and profitable event floristry.
Cost: £1287.00pp inc VAT
What’s included in ‘The Big Event’:
- Two full days’ tuition and support by the Academy of Floral Art’s expert team
- One night’s luxury accommodation at Bridwell Park
- All your meals, drinks and refreshments over the two days
- All your flowers, foliage and sundries
- Your Academy of Floral Art apron
- The Academy’s exclusive Event Floristry hand-outs
- The Academy’s Certificate for Unit of Completion – ‘Event Floristry’
Planning and constructing beautiful tablescapes.
- Coffee/tea on arrival
- Introduction on the day ahead
- Create a stunning large table tree canopy
- Complete the tablescape with low-level complementary designs and accessories.
- Afternoon tea and cakes with a difference
- Portfolio – and portrait – photo shoot
- Seminar on how to cost for profit, plan for success and create beautiful effective quotes.
- Celebration dinner under your floral canopy at Bridwell Park
Exploring techniques and adding an edge to your design skill set.
- Morning coffee/tea
- Explore and create an 8ft floral hanging design
- Create stunning, large urn designs
- Portfolio photoshoot
- Seminar: Understanding dismantling
- Take flowers from your beautiful designs home with you
Your course tutors:
Julie Collins BTec ND, ICSF, Cert Ed, City & Guilds MDPF (Level 5 English Master), Institute of Professional Florists (IoPF) Academic Fellow
Tina Parkes NDSF, FBFA, CERT ED, Dutch Master, AIFD, LCGI, IOPF Academic Fellow, MDPF (British Master)
Amanda Randell LCGI, City & Guilds MDPF (British Master), IoPF Academic Fellow, CFD, RHS Chelsea Gold medalist
Kathryn Delve HDIF (BSC Hons), ACIB, Institute of Professional
For a PDF brochure, please click download button.