Unique, independent and
inspirational British floristry school
Professional and complete floristry training from beginners to masters.
Welcome to the British Academy of Floral Art floristry school, with our large selection of professional floristry courses or flower arrangement classes, our floristry school has something for everyone.
If you are considering a career change and want to learn to be a florist so that you will be recognized as a professional florist, have the confidence to create impressive floral gifts and hand-ties, create beautiful wedding flowers and honour people with stunning sympathy flowers then have a look at our beginners level 2 floristry courses. We offer 60 hours of practical floristry training per subject unit (subject units are:- Gift & hand-tied bouquets, wedding flowers, floral Arrangement and funeral designs) to give you comprehensive and complete floristry training.
We offer ongoing support after you have completed the course so you never feel on your own. Plus we have continuous development with our advance level 3, 4 and 5 floristry courses.
We are very proud of our students and their success through our flower school:-
- Out of the British Master Florists in Britain today the Academy of Floral Art has trained 40%.
- Four students and one tutor won 5 gold medals and were awarded the best in show for both the junior and senior competitions (2014) at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
- RHS Hampton Court Flower show 2014, students received Gold.
- We have a large number of students running successful florist shops, freelance businesses and teaching at colleges around the country.
We are passionate about floristry and teach you to a very high level so that you have confidence to go out achieve you dream.
- We are a college member of the British Floristry Association (BFA) you can also belong to the Institute of Professional Florists with our floristry qualifications.
- You will receive an excellent standard of teaching as we have highly qualified floristry teacher team, including UK and Dutch Floristry Masters.
- Our floristry courses are designed to be flexible so that they fit in with your lifestyle; we run weekends, weekday and fast track courses, all broken down into subject units.
- The Academy has design floristry courses that will teach you the most up to date design styles and techniques, to make you a leading florist.
As a student of the Academy you become part of our Floristry family and we give you lifelong Floristry support via our student face book group.
- We have international connections with teachers in Europe, Australia, USA, Romania to expand your international horizons.
- We are also on the British Floristry Association (BFA) education panel and keep you up dated on current events and floristry subject areas.
- We organize trips in the UK and aboard to key floristry events throughout the year so that you are completely up to date on current design and trends.
- We encourage you to enter competitions to raise your profile at key floristry and flower Arranging events: New Covent Garden college competition, World Skills, RHS Chelsea, RHS Hampton Court, Fleurex, County Shows, NAFAS
Plus we keep our class sizes small so that you get plenty of one to one attention with the tutor.